Eisenwald presents a very special, limited release from AGALLOCH in the form of “The Demonstration Archive 1996-1998” vinyl box set. A collection of material from the band’s early years, the archive includes all material from 1997’s “From Which Of This Oak” demo , the original “Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor” EP — presented in its primeval form, as originally intended on seven-inch format — recorded in 1998, and the rare “Promo 98”. All material was taken from the original analogue sources. Aside from some slight mastering to keep the songs at an even volume, nothing was edited or polished. Limited to 500 numbered deluxe sets, “The Demonstration Archive 1996-1998” is an official and fully band-sanctioned release, put together with a great deal of care, devotion and respect, in order to present this collectors’ edition in a classy, aesthetically pleasing way.
“The Demonstration Archive 1996-1998” details:
* Solid LP box, covered by black carbon art-paper with black hotfoil embossing, black flooded inner sides.
* A custom, black paper envelope with black spot print, holding a set of four big art-cards with unpublished photos from that era. The cards are printed on rough 300g cardboard, plain black backsides.
* 12″ black vinyl (180g) in custom-made sleeve, front center hole and embossing, “old school” cut out field for removal of the vinyl on the back. **
* 10″ black vinyl in custom-made sleeve, front center hole and embossing, “old school” cut out field for removal of the vinyl on the back. **
* 7″ black vinyl in custom-made sleeve, front center hole and embossing, “old school” cut out field for removal of the vinyl on the back. **
* An accompanying heavy duty booklet (30, 5×30, 5cm) that presents the records’ original artwork, all lyrics, information about each recording and another rare image from that era, printed on 300g rough carboard, black/white layout and finished with silver ink.
* An exclusive black on grey 100x70cm flag of the stags motive that is connected with this release.
* Limited to a one-time print run of 500 box sets; all copies are numbered by embossing on the booklet.
* A protective piece of black foam is inserted in all copies, to prevent damage and moving of any record or its accompanying parts!
** (Sleeves are made of black cardboard, delivered in protection sleeves.)
Additional information, photos and ordering instructions are available here.