ALTER BRIDGE Going On Break Next Year As CREED Returns

According to The Pulse Of Radio, ALTER BRIDGE drummer Scott Phillips has confirmed that the band will take 2012 off so that the instrumental members of ALTER BRIDGEPhillips, bassist Brian Marshall and guitarist Mark Tremonti — can return to CREED. Meanwhile, ALTER BRIDGE singer Myles Kennedy will get back to work with guitar legend Slash on his second solo album, on which Kennedywill do all the vocals.

Phillips told the Fay Observer, “We’ve got a few more weeks on this tour, then we’ll recharge for bit before heading to Europe for some shows . . . Myles is working with Slash next year, while we’ll be working with CREED next year. Then we’ll have some tours, and then come back as ALTER BRIDGE. Look to 2013 for new material.”

ALTER BRIDGE is currently finishing up the “Carnival Of Madness” tour, which stops in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Wednesday (September 14) and ends this Saturday (September 17) in Missouri.

ALTER BRIDGE has been on the road since last year in support of its third album, “Alter Bridge III”.

Mark Tremonti compared the crowds for both bands a while back. “The crowds are very, very similar,” he said. “From the ALTER BRIDGE crowds to the CREED crowds, the CREED crowd is much more — you could walk through it without getting hurt, you know? It’s a much more tame crowd, I would say. I mean, when the show’s going and we’re rocking, they’re very into the show, but it’s a respectable, sing-song kind of crowd.”

CREED will record a new album and tour next year, while singer Scott Stapp has also been working on a new solo disc.

Kennedy contributed vocals to two songs on Slash‘s 2010 solo debut and was the frontman for the ex-GUNS N’ ROSES axeman’s touring band. He will now sing all the songs on Slash‘s sophomore set.

 

Comment