Finnish melancholic dark rock/metal icons AMORPHIS will launch a new Mobile Backstage application on December 28. According to the band, the free application, “which is our official digital fan club, [will offer] much more opportunities to interact with you, our fans, on iPhone, Android, Nokia and Facebook. You will get latest news what’s happening and status updates from each member. You can also get in touch with other AMORPHIS fans all over the world. You can post photos and videos and you’ll get access to exclusive offers on AMORPHIS merchandise items, which might be pretty rare to get anywhere else.”
Launched in 2010, Mobile Backstage is a social music service and mobile app that lets artists and bands “engage” with their fans.
Some of Mobile Backstage‘s features include:
* Social features that allow fans to interact with each other and the artist to share their experiences
* A content management system for web and mobile that enables artists and labels to post band updates, images, video clips, text updates, tour dates etc.
* Integration of content from Twitter and Facebook
* Analytics and stats that provide insights into fans and fan activities
* iTunes Music Store integration
* Location-based events where fans can “check in” to gigs using GPS
For more information, visit Amorphis.net.
AMORPHIS‘ latest album, “The Beginning Of Times”, entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 16 — the best chart position ever scored by an AMORPHIS album in that country. The CD also landed at position No. 1 on the Finnish chart.
Released on May 27 via Nuclear Blast Records, “The Beginning Of Times” is described as “the most challenging AMORPHIS album so far in terms of both music and lyrics.” Its central character is the iconic hero of Finnish mythology, Väinämöinen, whose tale has been masterfully retold by lyricist Pekka Kainulainen.
“The Beginning Of Times” was produced by the band; vocals were recorded under the guidance of Marco Hietala (NIGHTWISH, TAROT) in his home studio in Kuopio. Like its predecessors, the album was mixed by Mikko Karmila. Its cover artwork shows Travis Smith‘s magnificent interpretation of the mythological birth of the world from a goldeneye’s egg.
AMORPHIS will be direct support for NIGHTWISH at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on January 21, 2012. Also appearing on the bill will be DOMMIN.