“Deathhammer”, the new video from Dutch doom death metal legends ASPHYX, can be seen below. The clip was filmed earlier this month by Maurice Swinkels of Younique Film, who had previously worked with the band on the bonus DVD for the “Death…The Brutal Way” album as well as on clips for such other groups as EXODUS, MASTERPLAN and KATAKLYSM.
Commented ASPHYX: “Yet another official ASPHYX video, but this time slightly differently. A furious, ‘fast’ clip with aggressive filming, which fits the song perfectly. This one was shot by Maurice of LEGION OF THE DAMNED and we knew that he could capture the spirit and intensity of the song 100 percent. And he did. The clip shows ASPHYX in a true way….a band being themselves and doing their own thing.”
“Deathhammer” is the title track of ASPHYX‘s new studio album, “Deathhammer”, which will be released on February 27 in Europe and February 28 in North America via Century Media Records. The effort will be made available in the following formats:
* Limited-edition mediabook 2CD with special bonus disc
* Standard jewel case CD
* Digital download
* LP in black 180-gram vinyl (unlimited)
* LP in red 180-gram vinyl (limited to 300 copies, via Cyclone Empire)
* LP in red-and-black marbled 180-gram vinyl (limited to 200 copies, via High Roller)
* LP in clear 180-gram vinyl (limited to 250 copies, via Nuclear Blast)
* LP in grey 180-gram vinyl (limited to 200 copies, via the CM webshop)
“Deathhammer” track listing:
01. Into The Timewastes
04. Of Days When Blades Turned Blunt
05. Der Landser
06. Reign Of The Brute
07. The Flood
08. We Doom You To Death
09. Vespa Crabro
10. As The Magma Mammoth Rises
An extremely special “Deathhammer” record-release show will take place on Saturday, March 10 at the Turock venue in Essen, Germany, where ASPHYX previously filmed a sold-out show for its “Live Death Doom” release. Also scheduled to appear are SONNE ADAM (Israel), BLIZZARD (Germany) and NECROWRETCH (France).
Recorded at The Mörser Studio as well as at Harrow Studio with ASPHYX‘s longtime engineer Harry Wijering, “Deathhammer” was mixed and mastered in Sweden by Dan Swanö, who previously worked with the band on “Death…The Brutal Way” and “Live Death Doom” releases. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include “Reign Of The Brute”, “Vespa Cabro”, “We Doom You To Death”, “Asphyx-Minefield” and “Deathhammer”.
ASPHYX last month released a special seven-inch EP entitled “Reign Of The Brute” via CM Distro.
* Reign Of The Brute (album version) (2:59)
* Der Landser (German version) (6:58)
A total of 500 hand-numbered (in respective color) copies are available in the following quantities/vinyl colors:
* 100 transparent red vinyl
* 100 transparent blue vinyl
* 300 black vinyl
Comes with inserted copied lyric sheet.
ASPHYX‘s longtime design partner Axel Hermann has once more provided the powerful artwork for the seven-inch EP.