Holland’s FaceCulture recently conducted an interview with vocalist Martin Van Drunen of Dutch doom death metal legends ASPHYX. You can now watch the chat in four parts below.
“Deathhammer”, the new album from ASPHYX, entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 67. The CD was released on February 27 in Europe and February 28 in North America via Century Media Records. The effort was made available in the following formats:
* Limited-edition mediabook 2CD with special bonus disc
* Standard jewel case CD
* Digital download
* LP in black 180-gram vinyl (unlimited)
* LP in red 180-gram vinyl (limited to 300 copies, via Cyclone Empire)
* LP in red-and-black marbled 180-gram vinyl (limited to 200 copies, via High Roller)
* LP in clear 180-gram vinyl (limited to 250 copies, via Nuclear Blast)
* LP in grey 180-gram vinyl (limited to 200 copies, via the CM webshop)
“Deathhammer” track listing:
01. Into The Timewastes
04. Of Days When Blades Turned Blunt
05. Der Landser
06. Reign Of The Brute
07. The Flood
08. We Doom You To Death
09. Vespa Crabro
10. As The Magma Mammoth Rises
The “Deathhammer” video can be seen below. The clip was filmed by Maurice Swinkels of Younique Film, who had previously worked with the band on the bonus DVD for the “Death…The Brutal Way” album as well as on clips for such other groups as EXODUS, MASTERPLAN and KATAKLYSM.
Commented ASPHYX: “Yet another official ASPHYX video, but this time slightly differently. A furious, ‘fast’ clip with aggressive filming, which fits the song perfectly. This one was shot by Maurice of LEGION OF THE DAMNED and we knew that he could capture the spirit and intensity of the song 100 percent. And he did. The clip shows ASPHYX in a true way….a band being themselves and doing their own thing.”
Recorded at The Mörser Studio as well as at Harrow Studio with ASPHYX‘s longtime engineer Harry Wijering, “Deathhammer” was mixed and mastered in Sweden by Dan Swanö, who previously worked with the band on “Death…The Brutal Way” and “Live Death Doom” releases.