San Francisco Bay Area metallers DEATH ANGEL will release their seventh album, “The Dream Calls For Blood”, on October 11 in Europe (except for the U.K. where it will arrive three days later) and October 15 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2010’s “Relentless Retribution” was recorded at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, AUGUST BURNS RED, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL THAT REMAINS, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER), and once again features cover art by Brent Elliot White (JOB FOR A COWBOY, CARNIFEX, WHITECHAPEL). Fans will be able to purchase a standard jewelcase version of the album or digipak edition that includes a bonus track and bonus DVD.
“We are excited to reveal the track list of our upcoming release, ‘The Dream Calls For Blood’,” commented DEATH ANGEL guitarist Rob Cavestany.
“As we speak, I’m about to board my flight home from three incredible shows in England, Belgium and Holland — after three-plus years of constant touring for our last album, ‘Relentless Retribution’.
“At last, the cycle has ended, with our insanely hot and wild gig in Rotterdam last night! This means we begin the next phase, which is preparing to tour for the new record; it all kicks off in October!
“By looking at the songtitles, I guess it’s obvious that angst and struggle is still a major part of our reality. Thankfully, we have this outlet to vent and release aggression. That way we remain the happiest band in thrash! [laughs] Hope these song titles intrigue you.”
“The Dream Calls For Blood” track listing:01. Left For Dead 02. Son Of The Morning 03. Fallen 04. The Dream Calls For Blood 05. Succubus 06. Execution – Don’t Save Me 07. Caster Of Shame 08. Detonate 09. Empty 10. Territorial Instinct / Bloodlust 11. Heaven And Hell (digipak bonus track)
Digipak bonus DVD
* The Making Of “The Dream Calls For Blood”
DEATH ANGEL‘s North American headlining tour in support of “The Dream Calls For Blood” will kick off on October 18 in San Francisco. Support on the trek will come from 3 INCHES OF BLOOD, BATTLECROSS, REVOCATION and DIAMOND PLATE.
“We are so excited to announce this upcoming tour,” commented DEATH ANGEL vocalist Mark Osegueda.
“We worked so hard writing, and recording this record! Especially writing this while on the road for the last three years of touring. And it reflects the triumphs, and mainly hardships, of all we went through while touring. The anger, perseverance, and energy was captured on the recording of ‘The Dream Calls For Blood’.
“This tour is the PERFECT springboard to launch off of and back on the road; hungrier and more focused then ever! With a lineup of bands handpicked by us, you’re basically sonically ravaged from the moment the lights dim at the beginning of the night until the lights turn back on at the end! I’m confident every band on this bill plan on sending you home feeling like you’ve survived a massacre that you can’t help but brag about.
“Look forward to feeding off each other’s energy!
“Stay hungry! Stay thrash! See you on the road, in the pit, and at the bar!!!”
The tour dates are as follows:
- Oct. 18 – Slim’s – San Francisco, CA (no DIAMOND PLATE)
- Oct. 19 – The Whisky – Hollywood, CA
- Oct. 20 – Ramona Mainstage – Ramona, CA
- Oct. 21 – Orpheum Theater – Flagstaff, AZ
- Oct. 23 – Dirty Dog – Austin, TX
- Oct. 24 – Scout Bar – Houston, TX
- Oct. 25 – South By So What – Dallas, TX
- Oct. 26 – Chameleon Room – Oklahoma City, OK
- Oct. 27 – FuBar – St Louis, MO
- Oct. 29 – Webster Hall (Marlin Room) – New York, NY
- Oct. 30 – Empire – Springfield, VA
- Oct. 31 – Altar Bar- Pittsburgh, PA
- Nov. 01 – Mojo 13 – Wilmington, DE
- Nov. 02 – Middle East – Boston, MA
- Nov. 03 – Foufounes Electriques – Montreal, QC
- Nov. 04 – Opera House – Toronto, ON
- Nov. 05 – Reggie’s – Chicago, IL
- Nov. 07 – Summit Music Hall – Denver, CO
- Nov. 08 – Sunshine Theater – Albuquerque, NM
- Nov. 09 – Rocky Point – Tempe, AZ
- Nov. 10 13 Observatory – Santa Ana, CA
The San Francisco, Hollywood and Ramona gigs are considered CD-release shows and everyone that purchases a ticket will also receive a copy of the new DEATH ANGEL album at the show.