DEF LEPPARD, POISON, WHITESNAKE, TWISTED SISTER To Be Featured On ‘Rock Of Ages’ Blu-Ray
The film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical “Rock Of Ages” — with an all-star cast including Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand — will be released on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital download on October 9.
The main extra with the Blu-ray set is the extended cut of the film, which will feature an extra 13 minutes of footage. There will also be a segment called “So It Started In A Bar” that discusses the creation of the stage musical that led to the film.
“Rock Of Ages” Blu-ray special features:
* “Legends of The Sunset Strip” – Rock stars DEF LEPPARD, POISON, WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, TWISTED SISTER, BON JOVI and many more relive the music and vibe of the extraordinary Sunset Strip.
* “Defining a Decade” – Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blidge, Catherine Zeta-Jones, director Adam Shankman and others to show us inside the world of the late ’80s!
* The ’80s Look – a look at the flawlessly researched and spellbinding look of rock and roll in the ’80s.
* It’s All About The Moves – Adam Shankman and Mia Michaels show us the choreography and the moves.
* The Sunset Strip – Recreate the Hollywood sign and the Sunset Strip of the ’80s.
* The Tease – How to hair. ’80s style.
* Raising The Bar – A look at the historical significance of the real “Sunset Strip” clubs in the ’80s and how they shaped the design of the “Bourbon Room” in the movie.
* Connection to the Music – the cast talk about their personal connection with the music of “Rock Of Ages”.
* “So It Started In A Bar” – the story behind the creation of the five-time Tony-nominated, Broadway phenomenon “Rock Of Ages”.
* “Any Way You Want It” – Music Featurette
“Rock Of Ages” earned an abysmal $15.1 million in its opening weekend this past June from 3,470 theaters for a per-screen average of $4,340. The film has only grossed $38.5 million domestically, according to Rotten Tomatoes, making it highly unlikely that it will match its reported $75 million production budget
Tom Cruise stars in “Rock Of Ages” as Stacee Jaxx, an aging musician whose glory days are long past. The movie is a love story told through the music of PAT BENATAR, BON JOVI, JOURNEY, POISON, TWISTED SISTER and other artists from the 1980s.
The soundtrack to the film adaptation of “Rock Of Ages”, which features the cast — Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand and Julianne Hough — singing some of the greatest hits of the “hair-band” era, sold 18,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at opposition No. 15 on The Billboard 200 chart. The original cast production of the stage show peaked at No. 118 in 2009.