Metal Mark of SkullsNBones.com conducted an interview with former NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis before Jeff‘s April 16 concert in Atlanta, Georgia. You can now watch the chat below.
Loomis‘s second solo album, “Plains Of Oblivion”, sold 2,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 179 on The Billboard 200 chart. The effort landed at No. 2 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
“Plains Of Oblivion” was released on April 10 in North America (one day earlier in Europe) via Century Media Records. The CD was produced by Aaron Smith (7 HORNS 7 EYES) and features cover artwork by Colin Marks of Rain Song Design, who has previously worked with ALL SHALL PERISH, THE END and XERATH.
“Plains Of Oblivion” track listing:
01. Mercurial (feat. Marty Friedman)
02. The Ultimatum (feat. Tony MacAlpine)
03. Escape Velocity
04. Tragedy And Harmony (feat. Christine Rhoades)
05. Requiem For The Living (feat. Attila Voros)
06. Continuum Drift (feat. Chris Poland)
07. Surrender (feat. Ihsahn)
08. Chosen Time (feat. Christine Rhoades)
10. Sibylline Origin
Loomis and his solo band are currently taking part in a 24-date, coast-to-coast U.S. tour with PROTEST THE HERO, PERIPHERY, THE SAFETY FIRE and TODAY I CAUGHT THE PLAGUE.
Jeff is being accompanied on the stage by the following musicians:
* Joe Nurre (SHADED ENMITY) – Guitar
* Gregory Macklin (SYSTEM DIVIDE, ORDINANCE) – Bass
* Anup Sastry (INTERVALS, SKYHARBOR) – Drums