HAIL! — the supergroup featuring a rotating list of musicians, including current and former members of SEPULTURA, JUDAS PRIEST, TESTAMENT and MEGADETH— kicked off a nine-date tour of Russia on December 2 in Irkutsk.
HAIL!‘s lineup for the trek includes drummer Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, FORBIDDEN), vocalist Tim “Ripper” Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, BEYOND FEAR) , bassist James Lomenzo (MEGADETH, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, WHITE LION) and newest member, guitarist Glen Drover (MEGADETH, KING DIAMOND, TESTAMENT).
Video footage of HAIL!‘s December 12, 2011 pre-show soundcheck and actual concert at Planetaryi in Ryazan, Russia can be seen below.
A two-part diary from the tour can be found by following the links below.
The band’s setlist for the December 11 show in Moscow was as follows:
01. Stand Up And Shout (DIO cover)
02. Flight Of Icarus (IRON MAIDEN cover)
03. Seek Destroy (METALLICA cover)
04. World Painted Blood (SLAYER cover)
05. Wake Up Dead (MEGADETH cover)
06. The Mob Rules (BLACK SABBATH cover)
07. Burn In Hell (JUDAS PRIEST cover)
08. Painkiller (JUDAS PRIEST cover)
09. Symphony of Destruction (MEGADETH cover)
10. War Pigs (BLACK SABBATH cover) (with snippet of Money)
11. Walk (PANTERA cover)
12. Heaven And Hell (BLACK SABBATH cover)
13. Ace Of Spades (MOTÖRHEAD cover) (with snippets of “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” and “TNT”)
14. Creeping Death (METALLICA cover)
15. Peace Sells (MEGADETH cover)
Commented the band: “This was a great tour — amazing shows, excellent food and insane fans.
“Our travels provided a glimpse of the world that many people only dream of and we had a wonderful time.
“Everybody gets so close on tour that when the end comes, it always creates a melancholy feeling.
“All of the members of HAIL!, past and present, are a close-knit family, we are all close friends and we all stay in constant personal contact with each even when we are not together.
“We know we have created something special and we all cherish our participation in this unique life experience.
“In the last three years we have played over 60 shows in 15 different countries and we are not stopping. We already have concerts scheduled in 2012 for Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Lebanon with more to follow.
“We appreciate each and every one of you – all the promoters who made it happen, the local crew who help every show, the hotel staffs who keep us comfortable, our drivers, translators, security guards, the guys who make our merch, and those of you who proudly wear it, our endorsers who help supply us gear, the radio stations, magazines and journalists who continuously spread the word, and all of you who came to share a night of your life with us — thank you!