ISIS will release “Temporal”, a retrospective collection of unreleased rarities, remixes and videos, on November 6 via and Ipecac Recordings.
“Temporal” spans the groundbreaking band’s entire discography with inclusions from “Mosquito Control” to the band’s final full-length album, “Wavering Radiant”.
“It was fun and also very nostalgic collecting material for this release,” commented Aaron Harris. “I hear our catalogue differently now that I’m not living with these songs day to day. This is a special collection of outtakes, demos, unreleased tracks and videos; some of which I think we even forgot about.”
“Temporal” track listing:
01. Threshold Of Transformation (demo) *
02. Ghost Key (alternate demo version) *
03. Wills Dissolve (alternate demo version) *
04. Carry (demo) *
05. False Light (demo) *
06. Grey Divide (demo) *
01. Streetcleaner (GODFLESH cover, recorded in 1999)
02. Hand Of Doom (BLACK SABBATH cover, originally released on the “Sawblade” CD, 1999)
03. Not In Rivers, But In Drops (MELVINS/LUSTMORD remix; originally released on “Holy Tears”, 2007)
04. Holy Tears (Thomas Dimuzio remix; originally released on “Nirbid”, 2008)
05. Temporal (Recorded in 2009) *
06. Way Through Woven Branches (Originally released on MELVINS/ISIS split LP, 2010)
07. Pliable Foe (Originally released on MELVINS/ISIS split LP, 2010)
08. 20 Minutes/40 Years (Acoustic version) *
DVD (official music videos)
01. In Fiction
02. Holy Tears
03. Not In Rivers, But In Drops
04. 20 Minutes/40 Years
05. Pliable Foe *
* Previously unreleased
In other news, Decibel magazine profiles one of ISIS‘ landmark albums, “Oceanic”, in the magazine’s September issue. The seven-page interview with all five bandmembers (Jeff Caxide, Mike Gallagher, Aaron Harris, Clifford Meyer and Aaron Turner) speaks to the “sea change” that “Oceanic” was for heavy music. Albert Mudrian, editor-in-chief for Decibel, explains: “ISIS may have left a massive void in heavy music’s body when they sailed away for good a couple of years ago, but the ripples of ‘Oceanic’ continue to cause waves a decade after its release.”
Harris, Caxide and Meyer recently partnered with Chino Moreno (DEFTONES) to form PALMS. The band’s debut album will be out in early 2013 via Ipecac.
Turner‘s OLD MAN GLOOM released “No” in late June and he will be touring Japan this September with MAMIFFER.
Gallagher continues on with his solo project MGR as well as scoring films, most recently “22nd Of May”.
Photo credit: Robin Laananen