“Decas”, the new album from San Diego, California metallers AS I LAY DYING, sold 9,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 61 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band’s previous CD, 2010’s “The Powerless Rise”, opened with 38,000 units to land at No. 10. This was roughly in line with the first-week tally of “An Ocean Between Us”, which premiered with 39,500 copies back in August 2007.
With over a million units sold in the U.S. in just less than 10 years, AS I LAY DYING celebrated this milestone with the very special release, “Decas”, released on November 8 in North America and November 7 in Europe (except in Germany, Austria and Switzerland where it arrived three days earlier) via Metal Blade Records.
“Decas” celebrates the band’s accomplishments by offering three brand new songs, cover songs that pay homage to just a few of the bands that have influenced AS I LAY DYING, and remixes by Innerpartysystem, Benjamin Weinman (THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN), Kelly “Carnage” Cairns (AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE, WAR OF AGES), and Big Chocolate (ASKING ALEXANDRIA, IWRESTLEDABEARONCE, SUICIDE SILENCE).
“Decas” track listing:
02. From Shapeless To Breakable
03. Moving Forward
04. War Ensemble (SLAYER cover)
05. Hellion (JUDAS PRIEST cover)
06. Electric Eye (JUDAS PRIEST cover)
07. Coffee Mug (DESCENDENTS cover)
08. Beneath The Encasing Of Ashes (re-recorded medley)
09. The Blinding Of False Light (Innerpartysystem remix)
10. Wrath Upon Ourselves (Benjamin Weinman remix)
11. Confined (Kelly “Carnage” Cairns remix)
12. Elegy (Big Chocolate remix)
“Electric Eye” (JUDAS PRIEST cover) audio stream (courtesy of AOL‘s Noisecreep):