LED ZEPPELIN‘s Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones spoke to Absolute Radio reporter Lisa O’Sullivan at last night’s (Friday, October 12) London, England premiere of the band’s new concert film , “Celebration Day”.
LED ZEPPELIN took the stage at London’s O2 Arena on December 10, 2007 to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ‘n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of LED ZEPPELIN. Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.
The film of “Celebration Day” will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. Tickets for the public screenings are available now via LedZeppelin.com.
“Celebration Day” will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Available for pre-order now, the details on all configurations of “Celebration Day” are listed below.
* Standard Editions – 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
* Deluxe Editions – 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
* Music Only CD Edition – 2-CD set
* Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition – Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
* Vinyl Edition – 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
* Digital Edition – Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets
A “Celebration Day” widget is available below.
“Celebration Day” widget: