NECRONAUT, the solo project of former DISMEMBER/CARNAGE drummer Fred Estby, performed at this year’s edition of the Sweden Rock Festival, which was held June 8-11, 2011 in Sölvesborg in southern Sweden.
NECRONAUT is no ordinary project. When the celebrated, eponymous debut album was released last fall, Swedish daily paper Expressen wrote, “If Dave Grohl had dared getting his hands dirty, PROBOT could have turned out as well as former DISMEMBER drummer Fred Estby‘s solo project”.
Death metal veteran Fred Estby gathered some of Sweden’s hardest, most uncompromising musicians for a unique appearance at Sweden Rock Festival. According to the band leader, this may very well turn out to be NECRONAUT‘s only public concert ever.
Musicians that took part in the Sweden Rock Festival show:
* L.G. Petrov (ENTOMBED)
* Fred Estby (ex-DISMEMBER)
* Nicke Andersson (IMPERIAL STATE ELECTRIC, ex-HELLACOPTERS, ex-ENTOMBED)
* Tomas “Tompa” Lindberg (AT THE GATES)
* Erik Danielsson (WATAIN)
* Tyrant (NIFELHEIM)
* Hellbutcher (NIFELHEIM)
* Janne “JB” Christoffersson (GRAND MAGUS)
* Andreas “Drette” Axelsson (TORMENTED, ex-EDGE OF SANITY)
* David Blomqvist (DISMEMBER)
* Tobias Christiansson (DISMEMBER, GRAVE)
* Robert Pehrsson (DUNDERTÅGET, DEATH BREATH)
Check out fan-filmed video footage of the performance below.
“Rise Of The Sentinel” with Tomas Linberg (AT THE GATES) on vocals:
“Returning To Kill The Light” with Erik Danielsson (WATAIN) on vocals:
“Supposed To Rot” (ENTOMBED cover) with L.G. Petrov (ENTOMBED) on vocals:
“Evil Dead” (DEATH cover) with all vocalists and Nicke Andersson (HELLACOPTERS, ENTOMBED) on drums: