Randy Blythe (LAMB OF GOD), Robb Flynn (MACHINE HEAD) and Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, SEPULTURA) are among the “surprise” guests who performed with with the surviving members of SUICIDE SILENCE at a special show last night (Friday, December 21) at the Fox theater in Pomona, California as a tribute to their late frontman, Mitch Lucker, who died November 1, after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle crash in Huntington Beach on Halloween night. All proceeds from the event will go towards the education of Mitch‘s five-year-old daughter, Kenadee Lucker. The concert announcement was made on November 24 during the sixth annual California Metalfest at the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino, California.
Fan-filmed video footage of last night’s concert, which was filmed for DVD release, can be seen below.
In announcing the benefit event, SUICIDE SILENCE guitarist Mark Heylmun said, “If there was anything that Mitch gave a fuck about in the world besides SUICIDE SILENCE, it would obviously be his daughter; he cared more about her than anything in the fucking world. We’re here and we’re gonna make sure that she’s taken care of, and that’s what we have to do.”
Guest performers at Pomona concert:
* Randy Blythe (LAMB OF GOD)
* Robb Flynn (MACHINE HEAD)
* Max Cavalera (SOULFLY, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, SEPULTURA)
* Jonathan “Johnny Plague” Cooke (WINDS OF PLAGUE)
* Brook Reeves (IMPENDING DOOM)
* Chad Gray (HELLYEAH, MUDVAYNE)
* Danny Worsnop (ASKING ALEXANDRIA)
* Tim Lambesis (AS I LAY DYING)
* Eddie Hermida (ALL SHALL PERISH)
* Phil Bozeman (WHITECHAPEL)
* Austin Carlile (OF MICE MEN)
* Anthony Notarmaso (AFTER THE BURIAL)
* Cameron “Big Chocolate” Argon (DISFIGURING THE GODDESS)
* Myke Terry (ex-BURY YOUR DEAD)
* Ricky Hoover (ex-SUFFOKATE)
A funeral service for Mitch Lucker was held on November 8. The ceremony was attended by family and friends, including SUICIDE SILENCE bassist Dan Kenny, who tweeted afterwards, “Had to bury my brother today, he looked peaceful when I saw him. It was very hard but it was needed! To the fans just know Mitch loved yall”
SUICIDE SILENCE has launched a memorial fund to provide assistance to Lucker‘s family. Those who donate $20 or more will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Lucker struck a light pole near the intersection of Main and 13th streets and was thrown from his 2013 Harley Davidson. The motorcycle continued sliding south on Main Street and struck a northbound 2007 Nissan Titan pickup.
Lucker, who was treated at the scene by paramedics, died shortly after 6 a.m. at UC Irvine Medical Center.