“Descent To The Underworld”, the debut album from multinational metallers RAVEN LORD, will be released in December. The CD was mixed by acclaimed Swedish producer Fredrik Nordström (AT THE GATES, ARCH ENEMY, NIGHTRAGE, IN FLAMES, DREAM EVIL, OPETH) and was mastered by U.S. mastering engineer Maor Appelbaum (SEPULTURA, HALFORD, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ANGRA, DOKKEN). The cover artwork was created by Brazilian artist Caio Caldas of CadiesArt, who has previously worked with DORO, PAUL DI’ANNO, SEVEN KINGDOMS, DOMINANZ and VIOLET SUN, among others.
A brand from the album, “Black Friar”, can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below.
RAVEN LORD recently announced the addition of guitarist Joe Stump (HOLYHELL, REIGN OF TERROR) to the group’s ranks.
“Unashamedly wearing their heavy metal roots on their leather-studded sleeves, RAVEN LORD combine the classic metal feel of the past with the fresh aggression of the present,” according to a press release. “Thunderous bass lines, pounding drums and explosive riffs blend with distinct heavy, melodic vocals to create driving and memorable songs.”
RAVEN LORD is:
* Csaba Zvekan (KILLING MACHINE, SARDONYX, EMERGENCY) – Vocals
* Joe Stump (HOLYHELL, REIGN OF TERROR) – Lead Guitar
* Jamie Mallender (TONY MARTIN) – Bass
* Lawrence “Larry” Paterson (BLAZE BALEY, STUKA SQUADRON) – Drums
* George Karafotis (VERMILLION DAYS, OPERATION X) – Guitar
* [to be announced] – Keyboards