Rock ‘N’ Roll Allstars, an 11-piece supergroup comprised of Gene Simmons of KISS, three former members of GUNS N’ ROSES, Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) and many other big names in rock history, played a special club show last night (Sunday, April 22) at Teatro Vorterix in Buenos Aires, Argentina as part of its tour of South and Central America. The band blazed through an abbreviated ten-song set that featured the biggest hits from all the musicians involved, including DEF LEPPARD‘s “Pure Some Sugar on Me”, KISS‘ “Rock and Roll All Nite”, SKID ROW‘s “Youth Gone Wild”, along with GUNS N’ ROSES‘ “Welcome To The Jungle”, with Sebastian Bachsinging.
Professionally filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below.
The setlist was as follows:
01. Welcome To The Jungle (GUNS N’ ROSES cover)
02. Youth Gone Wild (SKID ROW cover)
03. Highway Star (DEEP PURPLE cover)
04. Wildflower (THE CULT cover)
05. Rebel Yell (BILLY IDOL cover)
06. Shine (COLLECTIVE SOUL cover)
07. Tie Your Mother Down (QUEEN cover)
08. Pour Some Sugar On Me (DEF LEPPARD cover)
09. I Love It Loud (KISS cover)
10. Rock And Roll All Nite (KISS cover)
Comprised of musicians from some of the biggest bands in recent rock history, the Rock ‘N’ Roll Allstars is a live show unlike any before. Bandmembers include:
* Gene Simmons (KISS)
* Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD)
* Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N’ ROSES)
* Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N’ ROSES)
* Gilby Clarke (GUNS N’ ROSES, ROCK STAR SUPERNOVA)
* Glenn Hughes (BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH)
* Ed Roland (COLLECTIVE SOUL)
* Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW)
* Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL)
* Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS)
* Billy Duffy (THE CULT)
Promoter Gabe Reed hosted a press conference on March 1 at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California to officially announce the Rock ‘N’ Roll Allstars tour. Also attending the press conference were Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others.
“This is going to be a great time, a time for us to pay tribute to the fans,” Simmons said. “This is an important honor to step on sacred holy ground with a project like this, and all of it is for the fans. It harkens back to the old days of rock and roll, the ‘Legends Of Rock’ when Chuck Berry, Little Richard, all of them got together to put on the best show possible for the fans. . . We’re trying to follow a great trend in rock and roll, and we’re going to have a great time. So stay tuned.”
Commented Bach: “For me to be the singer in Gene Simmons‘ first-EVER side project is amazing to me! Dreams come true, indeed. If you would have told me when I was a boy that some day Gene Simmons, Glenn Hughes and myself would be in a band together, my reply would have been, No, we will not,’ and I would have been wrong, haha!! We are gonna rock the best of KISS, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N’ ROSES, SKID ROW and DEF LEPPARD!”
Added Hughes: “It’s going to be quite a spectacle. For me, this collective of rockers is a fan’s dream come true. It’s a great lineup with players from a lot of great bands.”
“We’ll play all the biggest hits from each band,” Sorum, who is one of the tour’s organizers, said. “It’s going to be a good time. The hits will keep coming.”
“If you look at who’s been doing something a long time, if you look at who is still around, they’re usually the best guys to hang with,” McKagan said. “I wasn’t the easiest one to get into the camp, but this is going to be great.”
For more information, visit www.rnrallstars.com.