The first-ever iBook from Canadian rock legends RUSH, for their landmark album “2112”, will be made available on December 18. The iBook will consist of unpublished pictures, black-and-white ink art and pencil sketches for every comic book cell, and preview music for the newly remastered for iTunes (mFit) audio of “2112” with three bonus live tracks. It can be previewed by clicking here.
Originally released in 1976, “2112” was the creative and commercial breakthrough album. With lyrics written by Neil Peart, “2112” kicks off with the ambitious seven-suite title track (originally side one), set in a futuristic world run by the “Priests Of The Temples Of Syrinx” who regulate “every single facet of every life,” which includes books, music, work and play. “2112” conveys the story of humanity’s instinctual, inner need for one’s free will.
iBook content includes:
• 40-page comic book by story artist Tom Hodges (“Star Wars – The Clone Wars”, “The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horrors #17”)
• Unpublished pictures
• Black-and-white ink art and pencil sketches for every comic book cell
• Preview of the remastered audio of “2112”
• Expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos
• Brand new liner notes by David Fricke of Rolling Stone