Helsinki, Finland-based female-fronted metallers SHEAR have parted ways with bassist Eerik Purdon and replaced him with Silver Ots (DEAD SHAPE FIGURE, THE NIBIRUAN, AMORAL).
Commented the band: “Our former bassist, Eerik Purdon, decided to step down after many great years together. We thank Eerik for the good times and wish him the best of luck for the future.
“We are currently writing and rehearsing new material for the next album. We will also be playing gigs later this year. Hope to see you there!”
SHEAR released its full-length debut, “Breaking The Stillness”, in March via Lifeforce Records.
SHEAR guitarists Mikael Gronroos and Lauri Koskenniemi, and keyboardist Lari Sorvo have played together since 2001.
* Alexa Leroux – Vocals
* Mikael Grönroos (CRYSTAL BLAZE) – Guitar
* Lauri Koskenniemi (THE NIBIRUAN, ELENIUM, CRYSTAL BLAZE, ex-IMPERANON) – Guitar
* Silver Ots (DEAD SHAPE FIGURE, THE NIBIRUAN, AMORAL) – Bass
* Lari Sorvo (CRYSTAL BLAZE) – Keyboards
* Juhana Karlsson (AMORAL, CRYSTAL BLAZE) – Drums