LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe was released from a prison in Prague, the Czech Republic, last Thursday (August 2), more than a month after he was arrested and incarcerated on charges of alleged manslaughter. Blythe was facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a 2010 incident in which a fan attending a LAMB OF GOD show died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage. Blythe‘s predicament galvanized the heavy rock community, with artists across the hard rock genre pledging their support.

Blythe and his bandmates will appear at SLIPKNOT‘s two-day festival, Knotfest, later this month and are already rescheduling a canceled U.S. tour for October.

Randy‘s been a good friend of mine for a really long time, and it was killing me, being a friend and being in this position in the industry and whatnot, there wasn’t a lot we could for him,” SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor tells “We were kind of running all over hell and back trying to figure out if there was anything we could do for him, not just because of the Knotfest show, but because he was our bro.”

He continued, “Even if he landed and he said that he didn’t want to do the shows, I would still be so happy that he’s home. He’s out of that prison, he’s back with his family and I’ll get to see him, hopefully soon. The fact that LAMB OF GOD is going to play Knotfest is icing on the cake for me.”

Although Blythe paid $200,000 bail shortly after his arrest, prosecutors challenged the bail action and forced Blythe to remain behind bars.

A judge doubled the bail to $400,000 and this time ordered that Blythe go free once it was paid.

Blythe was set free Thursday afternoon and boarded a flight home to the U.S. on Friday (August 3).

“I’m really proud of the metal fans for giving their support and doing everything they can to get the word out and get as much focus on that situation as possible,” Taylor tells “I’m really proud of them for that and sticking with it, and it’s paid off — he’s coming home.”

Interviewed by a Czech media outlet while waiting for his plane, Blythe said, “I’m relieved to be out of jail but if it’s necessary for me to return to Prague to go to this court thing, I certainly will, I’m no flight risk.”

Blythe added that he had no memory at all of the incident in question, saying, “I feel very bad that a fan of my band is dead and his family has to go through it, it’s terrible, I feel awful for them but it’s a tragic coincidence . . . we had no knowledge whatsoever that someone had been injured much less died.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *