On December 14, acclaimed vocalist Tim “Ripper” Owens (DIO DISCIPLES, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BEYOND FEAR, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH) played a solo headlining concert at Club Rock Guitarras in Santiago, Chile. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.
The setlist was as follows:
01. And… You Will Die (BEYOND FEAR song)
02. The Ripper (JUDAS PRIEST song)
03. Blood Stained (JUDAS PRIEST song)
04. When The Eagle Cries (ICED EARTH song)
05. Scream Machine (BEYOND FEAR song)
06. Diamonds Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover)
07. Heart Of A Killer (WINTERS BANE song)
08. Victim Of Changes (JUDAS PRIEST song)
09. Don’t Talk To Strangers (DIO cover)
10. The Mob Rules (BLACK SABBATH cover)
11. Beyond The Realms of Death (JUDAS PRIEST song)
12. The Human Race (BEYOND FEAR song)
13. Hell Is Home (JUDAS PRIEST song)
14. Burn In Hell (JUDAS PRIEST song)
15. Starting Over
16. Heaven And Hell (BLACK SABBATH cover)
17. One On One (JUDAS PRIEST song)
Released in May 2009, Owens’ first solo album, “Play My Game”, landed at position No. 66 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
Owens is without doubt among the most important metal vocalists of the past 15 years. When he succeeded Rob Halford, joining JUDAS PRIEST in May 1996, the press rubbed their eyes, surprised as well as impressed: Owens had previously been a fairly unknown quantity to international music journalists and only a few new of him from the band WINTERS BANE, but he recorded his first PRIEST album, the Grammy-nominated “Jugulator” (1997) with more aplomb than even insiders had expected. Following successful tours with the British metal legends, the strong studio recording “Demolition” (2001), and the live recordings, “Meltdown – 98 Live” (1998) and “Live In London” (2003), and the movie “Rock Star” that was loosely based on Tim‘s experience with JUDAS PRIEST, Halford‘s return put an end to Owens‘ stint with JUDAS PRIEST. More or less immediately, he was enlisted by Jon Schaffer to team up with ICED EARTH and sang on “The Glorious Burden” in spring 2004. Three years later, Owens followed suit with the ICED EARTH album “Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt. I)”, which succeeded the self-titled highly praised debut by his own band BEYOND FEAR. Spring 2008 saw Owens move on to join one of the world’s best guitar players Yngwie Malmsteen, debuting with a sensational vocal performance on “Perpetual Flame”.