“A Question Of God”, is the new video from NERGARD — the Norwegan melodic metal act led by musician and composer Andreas Nergård. The song was co-written with legendary British singer Tony Mills (TNT, SHY), who also appears in the clip, which was filmed and edited by Sondre Sivertsen.
“A Question Of God” comes off NERGARD‘s album, “Memorial For A Wish”, which will be released this spring through the Australian label Battlegod Productions.
“Memorial For A Wish” features guest appearances by the following musicians:
* Åge Sten Nilsen (WIG WAM) – Vocals
* Ralf Scheepers (PRIMAL FEAR, ex-GAMMA RAY) – Vocals
* Göran Edman (ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) – Vocals
* Mike Vescera (ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, LOUDNESS) – Vocals
* Nils K. Rue (PAGAN’S MIND) – Vocals
* Michele Luppi (SECRET SPHERE) – Vocals
* Andi Kravljaca (SILENT CALL, AEON ZEN) – Vocals
* David Reece (POWERWORLD, ex-ACCEPT) – Vocals
* Tony Mills (TNT, SHY) – Vocals
* Helge Engelke (FAIR WARNING) – Guitar Solos
* Stig Nergård (TELLUS REQUIEM) – Guitar Solos
A promo EP entitled “In The Beginning” was released in 2011 containing three tracks from “Memorial For A Wish”, with special guest appearances by Ralf Scheepers (PRIMAL FEAR, GAMMA RAY), Tony Mills (TNT, SHY), Mike Vescera (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, LOUDNESS).
The story of “Memorial For A Wish” is set in Dublin, Ireland, in 1890. A young man by the name of Peter O’Donnell is arrested and wrongfully accused of a burglary which he did not commit. After a short trial, he is sentenced to prison for twenty years. In desperation he is forced to leave his pregnant wife behind and live in solitude behind the prison walls. Twenty long years pass by and Peter is released from jail, only to find out that his beloved wife died many years ago while giving birth to their daughter. The friends he once had turn their backs on him and let him face the grief all alone. This eventually tears him apart. As the sorrow and despair become too much to handle, he ends up committing suicide.