Bande À Part, an indie music initiative in Quebec, Canada, has uploaded a seven-minute French-language video report on the recording sessions for “Target Earth”, the new album from Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD, which took place in February 2012 at Pierre Rémillard‘s (OBLIVEON, CRYPTOPSY, KRISIUN, MISERY INDEX) Wild Studio in a small town called St-Zénon in Quebec, Canada. Check out the footage below.
“Target Earth” was released last week via the band’s own company, Iron Gang Factory, and Century Media. The follow-up to 2009’s “Infini” was mixed by Sanford Parker (PELICAN, NACHTMYSTIUM) and contains the band’s first music to be written with guitarist Dan Mongrain (MARTYR) following the passing of the band’s original axeman Denis “Piggy” D’Amour in 2005. The original art was once again drawn by Langevin and features color schemes from each one of the group’s previous albums.
“Target Earth” standard CD and digital download track listing:
01. Target Earth
02. Kluskap O’Kom
03. Empathy For The Enemy
04. Mechanical Mind
08. Corps Étranger
“Target Earth” is also be available in the same track listing as gatefold-2LP with 180-gram vinyl in the following versions/colors:
* Black (Unlimited)
* Transparent Red (200 copies, Century Media webshop Europe)
* Transparent Blue (200 copies, Nuclear Blast mailorder)
* Orange (400 copies, Century Media USA)
* Purple (6000 copies, Century Media USA)
Additionally, there is a limited-edition deluxe pressing of “Target Earth” as a mediabook-CD with alternate frontcover (silver on black), two quality stickers, expanded booklet as well as the two live bonus tracks recorded at the band’s triumphant appearance at Roadburn festival 2012, which VOIVOD helped curate: “Target Earth” and “Man In The Trees”.
And last but certainly not least, “Target Earth” was released as a CM Distro exclusive mailorder boxset in a numbered limited worldwide edition of 1,000 copies with the following content:
* “Target Earth” mediabook CD (incl. two live bonus tracks and expanded artwork/alternate frontcover)
* “Live At Roadburn 2011” CD (exclusive 10-song live CD with a four-page booklet in jewel case; previously only released by Roadburn Records as limited LP version)
* VOIVOD belt
* 1 poster (DINA3, Design of the mediabook CD cover artwork)
* 2 stickers (included in the mediabook CD)
* 3 exclusive postcards with artwork by VOIVOD‘s Away