Kaaos TV recently conducted an interview with drummer Kai Hahto of Finnish epic metallers WINTERSUN. You can now watch the chat below (in Finnish, with English subtitles).
WINTERSUN will release its long-awaited new album, “Time I”, on October 12 via Nuclear Blast Records. The cover artwork for the CD was created by Cameron Gray and can be seen below.
WINTERSUN will headline this year’s edition of the Heidenfest tour, set to take place in October. Support on the trek will come from KORPIKLAANI, VARG, TROLLFEST and KRAMPUS.
A video trailer for Heidenfest featuring audio snippets of two songs from “Time I” can be seen below.
To celebrate the “Time I” release, WINTERSUN will play two special shows in Finland. The first concert will take place on Octber 12 at Lutakko in Jyväskylä and the second on October 13 at Nosturi in Helsinki. Support at the shows will come from THAUROROD (Lutakko and Nosturi) and MEDICATED (Nosturi).
Commented WINTERSUN: “We’re excited to start the ‘Time’ world tour from our home country with two shows in October! These two special album-release shows will be our first club gigs in Finland since 2006 and the first time ever ‘Time I’ songs will be heard live! The show attendees will also be the first ones to have a chance to get a signed copy of the new album.
“During the rest of the summer, we’ll be rehearsing the new material and working on a new enhanced live show as well as doing some promo and preparing bonus material for the album. Right after the Finnish gigs, we’ll continue on to Heidenfest tour in Central Europe and after that… Well, more shows will be announced soon. Stay tuned and hope to see you at the gigs!”
According to WINTERSUN mainman Jari Mäenpää, there are several reasons why the band’s new effort, “Time” is being released as two seprate albums, titled “Time I” and “Time II”. He says:
* “All the 80 minutes of material won’t fit on a regular CD and we didn’t want to cut anything out.
* “We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.
* “The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of ‘hard listening (not easy listening)’ material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me).
* “Both albums will be approximately. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.
* “We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these ‘modern times.’ No more years of silence for us!”
“Time I” track listing:
01. When Time Fades Away
02. Sons Of Winter And Stars
I) Rain Of Stars
II) Surrounded By Darkness
III) Journey Inside A Dream
IV) Sons of Winter And Stars
03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness And Frost
“Time II” will be released in 2013.
WINTERSUN‘s debut CD was released in September 2004 through Nuclear Blast Records.
Tour trailer featuring snippets of new songs: