Jacob Grant of Capital Chaos TV conducted an interview with bassist Jukka Koskinen of Finnish epic metallers WINTERSUN before the band’s November 30 performance at the Oakland Metro Operahouse in Oakland, California as part of a North American tour with ELUVEITIE and VARG. You can now watch the chat below. Also available is footage of WINTERSUN‘s Oakland show.
WINTERSUN‘s long-awaited new album, “Time I”, sold nearly 4,000 copies in its first week of release in the United States to land at position No. 109 on The Billboard 200 chart.
According to Mäenpää, there are several reasons why the band’s new effort, “Time” is being released as two separate albums, titled “Time I” and “Time II”. He says:
* “All the 80 minutes of material won’t fit on a regular CD and we didn’t want to cut anything out.
* “We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.
* “The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of ‘hard listening (not easy listening)’ material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me).
* “Both albums will be approximately. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.
* “We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these ‘modern times.’ No more years of silence for us!”
“Time II” will be released in 2013.
WINTERSUN recently headlined this year’s edition of the Heidenfest tour. Support on the trek came from KORPIKLAANI, VARG, TROLLFEST and KRAMPUS.
WINTERSUN‘s debut CD was released in September 2004 through Nuclear Blast Records.